winter 2018 Yoga alliance accredited 85-Hour
Prenatal Training at surya yoga jc
For Yoga Teachers, Doulas, Fitness Professionals, and Health Professionals! Learn how to bring fitness and wellness to your pregnant clients and patients by properly stretching strengthening, and de-stressing them, while keeping mom and baby safe and relaxed.
This semi-private 85-hour, Yoga Alliance accredited Intensive will give you all the information you need to teach moms-to-be during this amazing, transformational time of their lives - as they prepare to give birth, and postpartum, as they start their journey into parenthood. Yoga brings so many benefits to them, including stress relief, better rest, greater energy and alleviation of pregnancy related pain and hormonal issues. It is an incredible gift to bring them yoga, and we will show you the safest, most effective methods for working with the moms, helping them to make this time even more blissful. Training includes 4 Prenatal Classes..
Starting late February 2018. Dates below:
2/23, 2/24, 2/25. 3/9, 3/10, 3/11, 3/23, 3/24, 3/25. 4/6, 4/7 & 4/8. 4/20, 4/21 and 4/22. 4/27, 4/28 & 4/29
Fridays are 7:30 to 9:30, Saturdays 1:30 to 6 pm, and Sundays from 1:30 to 4:30 pm.
Please email us if you are interested and we will let you know the schedule.
Tuition: $1450. Payment plans available. Please email for more information.
Training will be held at Surya Yoga in Jersey City, just steps from the Grove Street PATH.
Deposit of $500 required to reserve a space. To apply please contact Sarah at 866.333.YOGA or email here
- Changes during pregnancy - how they relate to yoga
- Alignment/modifications for each trimester
- Appropriate poses and breathwork
- Emotional/physical changes in all 3 trimesters of pregnancy
- Props and posture adjustments; modifications for all body types
- Strengthening the abdominal and pelvic floor muscles during pregnancy
- Childbirth preparation exercises
- Relaxation and stress reduction techniques
- Explanation of fetal position; what poses are beneficial and what poses should be avoided during pregnancy
- Common discomforts of pregnancy and how to work with them using yoga techniques and consistent yoga practice.
- Pre/postnatal yoga teachers' responsibilities and boundaries.
- Postnatal yoga – rebuilding the pregnant body, including poses to discourage and encourage.
- Practice teaching and workshops
For questions about this training, or to register, please email Sarah at email@example.com or call 866.333.YOGA.
You must be a 200-hour Yoga Registered Yoga Teacher or headed into 200-hour training to take this course.
For Required reading and to receive the manual, you must register for the training, and we will email you all the specifics.